Why does your employer brand matter?
If that’s a serious question, and you want to dig into the subject, read just a few of the TLNT articles on the topic. You’ll find them here.
But here’s one short answer from Celinda Appleby, head of Global Recruitment Branding at Oracle: “75% of jobseekers consider employer’s brand before even applying for a job.”
That’s how Appleby opened her 5 minute DisruptHR talk, in which she racewalked through “5 awesome employer branding tips” that she collected from some of the smartest TA people around.
You might have heard some of these before. But what’s special about these 5 is how Appleby describes them and explains them. And just because she works for a multi-billion dollar, global company don’t shrug off what she has to say because you work for a small or mid-sized local firm.
Here’s the list, but you have to watch the video to get the details:
Article Continues Below
Outperform your competition with a certification from HRCI®
- Reflect your culture. Hopefully it’s a great one. But “live up to who you are.”
- Use your employees. Forget the stock photography and the commercial PR. Instead, have your employees tell the story.
- Go right to your CEO. You need to sell the CEO directly on the importance of promoting the brand.
- Create a plan to tell your story. That’s right. You’ll use multiple types of content and multiple methods, but it all needs to start from a plan that includes measurable goals.
- Ask for money. “Without money your employer brand is going nowhere.”
Note: In partnership with DisruptHR, TLNT presents some of the best Disrupt presentations from events across North America and now the world. Disrupt talks are modeled on the TEDx concept: Short, to the point talks on all things HR — talent, culture and technology.