Every company, no matter how large or small, has an employment brand.
In most cases, that brand is created by the general public’s perception of the industry and the same broad-brush brand is given to everyone in it unless a concerted effort is made to manage that brand.
For example, what is your perception about working in these industries: restaurant, retail, convenience stores, call centers, entertainment, hospitality or manufacturing?
They’ve taken control of their brand
Let’s take a look at a few organizations that have taken control of their employment brand:
Article Continues Below
What does your company know about Employee Experience?
- Ritz Carlton – “Careers redefined”
- Marriott – “Where life just keeps getting better”
- Hyatt – “High expectations, high rewards”
- Drury Hotels – “We’re a little different”
- Four Seasons – “Experience a career of exceptional quality”
All are in the same industry and all have worked hard at building an employment brand. Very different from the rest of the industry and, in many cases, very different from their direct competitors.
This was originally published on Mel Kleiman’s Humetrics blog.