Quit concentrating on how to avoid hiring the wrong people and focus instead on how to find and hire the right ones.
The primary goal of most hiring managers and hiring systems is to screen out the least suitable applicants. They give scant attention to how to attract, hire, and retain the “A- players.”
- “A-players” aren’t just looking for a job; they are looking for an opportunity to work hard, be part of a team, and earn promotions.
- “A-players” want growth opportunities and challenges.
- “A-players” make the decision to change jobs for different reasons than the also-rans.
- “A-players” only want to play on “A-Teams.”
- “A-players” will make a big difference…