The most effective and efficient hiring systems use testing software.
- Test results more accurately predict success on the job than interviews, experience, schooling or references.
- Testing delivers immediate results and insight into the applicant that can be used to ask meaningful interview questions.
- Tests can ask the questions you would rather not (about drug use, theft, etc.).
- You can create or purchase a test to measure just about anything (physical strength and stamina, intelligence, attitudes, personality traits, skills, etc.).
- Testing ensures fairness. Unsuccessful applicants don’t feel your decision was based on race, age, marital status, or any other particular bias.
This was originally published on Mel Kleiman’s Humetrics blog.