What would you do differently if you knew for sure that your new hires would stay with you for at least the next two (2) years?
- Train them differently?
- Spend more time with them?
- Teach them what it takes to be outrageously successful?
- Map out a career path with milestones to aim for?
- Increase their responsibilities over time?
- Ask for their ideas about how to do things better, faster, safer, cheaper?
It is just as easy to assume they will stay as to assume they will leave and, this is the important part, our assumptions often shape our reality.
This was originally published on Mel Kleiman’s Humetrics blog.